Have you people ever wondered why aloe vera is called a miracle plant? Why is it getting so much attention these days?
Aloe Vera is a tropical plant which can grow indoors as well as outdoors. It has spiky edges, and its center is filled with a gel-like substance which is also used as juice. Aloe Vera is gaining attention these days for its properties which are very beneficial for our body.
It has more than 20 minerals which are all essential for the Human body. It also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E which are very much necessary to the human body. It has various names like ghritkumari, gwarpatta etc.
To extract aloe vera gel from its leaf, one must use a sharp knife to slice the leaf open along its length. Scoop out the gel to store it in a container. You can also use aloe vera gels available in the market but go for the ones containing 90%-95% of the product
Uses Of Aloe Vera for hair
- Aloe Vera can be used to nourish your hair. Mix it with almond oil or olive oil, make a paste and apply it thoroughly on your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo. It also works as a pre-shampoo conditioning treatment.
- You can also add aloe vera to the shampoo you usually use to make your hair healthy. (Also Read: Review of Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner.)
- Aloe vera, when added to castor oil, can work great for hair growth. Add castor oil to half a cup off aloe vera gel, make a paste and apply it thoroughly on your scalp. Wear a shower cap. Leave it overnight. In the morning, rinse your hair with clean water and use a mild shampoo.
Uses of Aloe vera as skin moisturizer
Aloe vera can be utilized as a natural daily moisturizer. Mix it with rose water and apply on your skin. You can also store this solution in the refrigerator for cooling effects. It can replace your daily body lotion.
Uses of Aloe vera for burns
Img Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ruthanddave/2574907529
Aloe vera is also useful in keeping away the blisters formed by burns. Wash the affected area with cold water and apply aloe vera gel on it. You will feel relaxed. It can be useful in calming down any burning sensations you feel due to allergic reactions.
Uses of Aloe vera for sunburns
Aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory properties, so you can apply it directly to the sunburnt area. It reduces the redness in the skin occurred due to prolonged exposure to sun rays. It soothes the skin and does not allow the moisture to escape resulting in healing the sunburn.
Aloe vera for face
- Aloe vera gel, when mixed with lemon juice, can work excellent by lightening the acne scars. It also deep cleanses the pores. Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for 20-25 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Aloe vera gel and turmeric both have anti-bacterial properties.Mix aloe vera gel with turmeric to form a paste. Apply this paste as a face pack, let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
This miracle plant has been very useful in maintaining youth in India. Therefore it is also known as ghritkumari. I hope it helps you in beautifying yourself. Do tell me if this post has been useful to you.
[…] coconut oil or Almond oil with aloe Vera gel and apply it thoroughly on your scalp. Cover it with a shower cap and wash your hair off after 30 […]