Ever since I started filming YouTube videos, I realized the importance of necklaces. Your neck looks so empty when you don’t wear anything. And then all you need to do is add a necklace to make yourself look ten times better. Check out this photo!
I wouldn’t have looked so good without the necklace. And hence, I decided to pen down types of necklaces that every 20 something woman should own. Having these six types of necklaces will help you cover a lot of occasions and styles and make you feel super amazing. Shall we start?
Types of Necklaces Every 20-something should own
1. Choker: These are so hot these days. I remember the choker necklaces from around the year 1997. I used to wear them and still remember, how people asked my mother to stop me from wearing such stuff. But now, we all are grown up, and the trend of choker necklaces is growing too. Grab some basic choker necklaces and add some more class with some classy choker pieces. I love this video on how to style choker necklaces by Indian Youtuber Scherezade Shroff.
2. Pearl necklace: It’s a classic piece that every woman should know just like one should own an LBD. In fact, you can create a very classy and elegant look by pairing a pearl necklace with the LBD. It even looks good with red dresses. This is the necklace you would wear during your interviews or even when you need to meet your guy’s mother for the first time. It just makes you look mature and sincere.
3. Collar necklace: These are my current favourite types of necklaces. A collar necklace is the one that covers the neck area or covers the chest. To be precise, these are two kinds of necklaces. There are necklaces like opera necklace, princess necklace and what not! But to be simple, we will just think of a chunky necklace that goes around your neck area and will look extremely good with western dresses and even with ethnic wear.
4. Princess Necklace: Let’s grab one necklace for those occasions when you want to dress up. Such a necklace is perfect to dress up for parties. A princess necklace is slightly longer than a collar necklace. I would suggest you go for a stone studded one that you could wear with dresses and even with ethnic wear dresses that fit party wear occasions.
5. Pendant Necklace: This is one of my favourites must have types of necklaces. A pendant necklace is a must as it can be worn for any occasion and with any dress. Be it with a t-shirt, a laced top, boho dress, formal shirt or a little black dress – it’ll look good with all. Of course, you must be careful while choosing the pendant but grab a couple of pieces of pendant necklaces for sure.
6. Long Necklace: I have loved the trend of long necklaces since my college time. I remember I used to wear sleek beaded long necklaces with tops. You can also pick chunky necklaces and create a boho look with a top and long skirt.
There are so many possibilities to style yourself with different types of necklaces. You need to pick the few basic must-haves to begin. I have given you the list. Tell me when you’re planning to shop.