To become a successful person – isn’t that what all of us secretly wish for? Living a mundane life with nothing interesting or worth boasting of is never adored by any of us. But alas! Most of us do get trapped and live a life of mediocrity. Is there any way to avoid that? Yes, there is.
You can become a successful person, if you want. This article would help you give the first directions. Rest, you have to make the journey all by yourself. Finix Post will keep popping up once in a while just like gas stations do while you’re on a road trip.
So, here’s what you need to know to begin with:
- Define what success Means to you: This idea was put forward by a well-off vice president of a top MNC of the world. He was addressing the students of my batch and then suddenly he asked us a question – “Do you think I am successful?” The hall full of 800 students reverberated with a yes. But his reply was negative. He didn’t consider himself successful. Why? Because no matter how awesome he is at his job, with his family, he failed to do what he wanted. That made him unsuccessful. You, my friend, have to device what would be ‘success’ to you. At what position, would you call yourself successful? What is the thing that would make you feel complete?
- Set specific goals: Once you know what you want from your life to be called a successful person, you need to make goals to achieve it. “Dreams would always stay as dreams unless you convert them into goals.” Give a time limit to your dreams and device a plan to measure your progress.
- Organize and plan: Once you know ‘what’ and ‘when’, you need to focus on the ‘how’ part. Plan the steps that would take you closer to your goals. Stop living like a hippie and get organized. Be professional with your personal goals as well.
- Believe in yourself: If you think you cannot do it, you cannot. It is as simple as that. The only people who achieve great things are the ones who believed in themselves. Or maybe they just didn’t think about ‘what if I fail’ clause. That’s what leads to their success. My friend, we both need to keep this in our head.
- Work hard: dreaming, making goals, planning, being strong etc won’t work unless you take this point seriously. Your passion should burn you like fire does. You must not be able to sleep, rest or feel good unless you get what you want. Work hard. Work harder than you can think of. No one got successful without working hard. Even Richard Branson worked hard at some point to get successful.
I told you how you can become a successful person but you know what, the choice is yours. You can either ignore this post just like you ignore every other useful advice you come across over the internet or you can write these points in your journal and look at them every single day and practice them. What would you do?