When we were young, our mothers waited and waited for us to leave for school. They wanted all the noise makers out of the house so that they could turn on the radio and listen to the melodious songs of Asha Bhosle.
She has won millions of hearts with her voice and at one point of time, we all have sung her songs and admired her talent.
While we often recognize the faces of the Bollywood, we seldom admire the people in the background – play back singers, directors, writers etc for adding a truly magical touch to the Bollywood movies.
The tables are turning for a lot of us have realized what a folly that is. The big T.V. channels and media houses are leading the cause and making the entire world happier and a better place.
Today’s post is about one such event that’s happening tomorrow, i.e. September 8, 2017, on Zee Classic.
About Timeless Asha
Timeless Asha is a star studded event to pay a tribute to the legendary singer Asha Bhosle on her 84th birthday. Zee Classic with its brand proposition “Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana” is behind this awesome event.
There is the talented choreographer Terence Lewis and the extraordinary Bollywood actress Radhika Apte, bringing you a romantic and beautiful dance performance.
There’s Mahi Vij who performs on the best mujra songs by Asha Bhosle with all the right moves and nazakat in it.
There’s Urmila Matondkar making a comeback after a long break.
There are singers like Monali Thakur and Antara Mishra that bring you a mix of (my) favorite Asha Bhosle songs like O mere sona re sona re, Do lafzon ki hai, chura liya hai tumne and more.
All the stalwarts of the Bollywood industry are there to entertain you and to celebrate Asha Bhosle’s birthday in the most enchanting manner.
It happens on Friday, September 8 at 7 PM. Don’t forget to check it out!
As you know, there are special people I love and admire and at times, I let it out of my heart and share with you. Today’s post is one such post where I am going to tell you some curious facts about Asha Bhosle. Hope you enjoy reading!
- Did you know Asha Bhosle has claimed her place in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded craftsman in the music history?
- Asha ji has been one of the few singers who were able to master the culturally sensuous genre of music – mujra.
- Asha ji has been a recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke Award and Padma Vibhushan.
- She has sung more than 12000 songs in different languages.
- She started singing to support her family and even though, her sister Lata Mangeshkar is also a legendary singer, she never used her fame and has earned her success all by herself.
- Asha Bhosle is the first singer signer who got nominated for Grammy Award.
- Asha Bhosle is a multi-talented person. Apart from being a great mother, she was also interested in acting during the initial years of her career. She’s also a great cook and owns a chain of restaurants in Dubai and Kuwait named “Asha’s”.
Those are the seven most interesting facts about Asha Bhosle I wanted to share with you. Hope you liked reading the post.Don’t forget to check the Timeless Asha on Zee Classic tomorrow at 7 PM.
Don’t forget to check the Timeless Asha on Zee Classic tomorrow (September 8, 2017) at 7 PM.
More Info: Facebook