Are you wondering what products are a must-have in your makeup kit are? As a beginner, you do not want to spend on very expensive products but at the same time, you need products that would make doing makeup easy and pain-free. Keeping that in mind, here’s a video I compiled to introduce you to various makeup products.
What brand have I used for organizing the makeup kit for beginners & why?
It’s Maybelline. I picked this because I have been using their products for a very long time. I remember how I ran out of an eyeliner and found myself standing in lifestyle looking at the makeup section to purchase a new eye-liner. I was approached by a salesgirl who promised me that she would give me the best eyeliner ever and that she did. It was the Maybelline gel eyeliner, which I now know that many YouTube celebrities love to use. I have seen Jenna Marbles, Superwoman & the Indian Youtuber Scherezade Shroff use it regularly, and I swear by it too.
With this product, my trust in this brand strengthened, and gradually I tried their other products too. Their products are very high-quality and comfortable to use. At the same time, for a makeup kit for beginners, it would have been a stupid idea to include a very costly brand’s products. I wanted an affordable brand so that you can experiment with different products without worrying about wasting your makeup.
So, yep! That’s why I picked Maybelline New York brand for my makeup kit for beginners.
Tips for picking up makeup kit for beginners
In the video, I have explained pretty much what products you need. Now, here are some tips that will help you make a better selection.
- Make sure you select the right shade of BB cream, concealer, and face powder. As a beginner, you will obviously not be certain about the tone. So, take help of the salesperson available at good stores like Lifestyle, etc. while shopping.
- Pick colors that would look natural on you. As a beginner, you would want naturally to enhance your makeup skills and your after-makeup look. So, beginning with natural shades that go by your skin tone will help.
- Pick neutral eyeshadows for the same reason I mentioned in the previous point.
- Grab an eyeshadow palette instead of a single shade because eye makeup is very important and you would want the freedom to experiment with your eye makeup. A palette gives you just that.
- Makeup that’s easy to blend will be a bliss for beginners. You wouldn’t require extra equipment like brushes or beauty blenders to blend in the product. Just your fingers would be perfect. Moreover, you wouldn’t need to rub around your face too much to have that perfectly blended look. A good makeup product will blend quickly and smoothly.
- Don’t overspend. Grab the minimum products, experiment with those, get used to those and then work on building up an amazing makeup collection.
That’s it. Those are my top six tips for anyone who is compiling a makeup kit for beginners. I hope you enjoyed watching the video and reading this blog. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more lifestyle related content.