Are you a working professional who loves tasty snacks but have no time and patience to cook? Well, you need quick recipes because if you’re going the healthy why, you better suck it up and get in the kitchen to cook.
Why Not Order From Outside?
Even though paneer tikka is a very healthy snack even when you’re dining out, it still has ingredients that are unhealthy and jeopardise your weight loss goals.
If you’re cooking at home, you can cook without using any preservatives and relish delicious snacks.
Ingredients for Paneer Tikka Recipe
Let’s look at the ingredients.
- 250 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – A dairy product, with high protein content. If you buy from a local store, you can use freshly made paneer which would be healthiest pick. Else, you can by packaged paneer from brands like Verka.
- 3tsp Curd – Curd is full of anti-oxidants and is again a dairy product but we’ll use just 3 tsp of it, so our dairy intake still stays in control. The ideal curd should be the one you prepared at home. Most of the Indian households have it and it’s actually very easy to make curd. Hung curd is what you need, I didn’t use hung curd as the normal curd in my house is usually very thick and suitable to use for this recipe.
- Masalas – All the Indian spices are have beneficial properties. So, worry not and put them into the mixture. Except for salt and red chilli pepper, all the spices are optional but if you use them, it’s better. They add a yummy flavour to the dish.
- Salt – To taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
That’s it. You need just a few ingredients. Now, let’s start cooking.
Healthy Paneer Tikka Recipe
First, you need to dice the paneer and dig holes in the centre with something like a toothpick.
In a separate bowl, add curd and all the masalas. Mix well and then dip paneer cubes into the mixture. Once all paneer pieces are properly coated, place this mixture in the fridge for ten minutes.
Note: 10 minutes is the minimum time. I like to marinate for as long as I can. I marinated the mixture for about five hours. Basically, you can just prepare the mixture whenever you’re free and keep it in the refrigerator. When you feel hungry, you will just have to put it in the oven and viola! your healthy paneer tikka would be ready.
Coming to the cooking part, once you bring this out of the refrigerator, place a foil on the grill stand or tray and put the paneer cubes on it.
Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven for 20 minutes at 250 degrees.
Now, place the stand inside the oven, set it to bake for 15 minutes at same temperature. After 7 minutes, you’ll have to flip the pieces. Keep that in mind. Once done, change the oven settings to grill and cook for ten minutes. This will give the paneer tikka the smoky black flavour and look.
There you go! Our healthy paneer tikka is ready. A very easy to make healthy recipe. Let me know if you try the recipe. Share the pictures with me at @foodjournalindia on Instagram.