The recent trip to Jaipur was one of the memorable trips in my life. Though I have visited Jaipur before but it was years before and I didn’t remember anything about it. It was almost a fresh place to visit and each experience related to my trip to jaipur was just fine. From food to the hotel I was staying in, from moving around the city to visiting tourist places in the city, everything went on so nicely that ended up planning a series of posts about this trip on this blog.
1. Amber Fort: If you’re ready to start your trip early morning, reach Amber Fort Jaipur at 8.30 A.M. The place would present you with the best experience in the morning. In morning, you can get an elephant ride to reach the fort situated in midst of The Aravalli Mountains and then you can attend the aarti (morning prayer) in The Kali Temple inside the fort.
Hire a good guide and you love this place so much. You will be wowed by the architecture and engineering that went into the creation of this fort. Also, you can shop for authentic Rajasthani art in form of clothes, footwear, jewellery at the end of the tour to this fort.
2. Jaigarh Fort: Once you finish sightseeing around Amber Fort, head to Jaigarh Fort which is very near to Amber Fort. In fact, you can take stairs from Amber to Jaigarh fort but that would be nothing less than a trekking expedition 😛 So, I would advise you to take the longer route and reach this fort by car or whatever vehicle you’re travelling in.
The main attraction of the fort is the world’s largest cannon which is really huge. There are many more interesting stories about this fort which can be easily explained by a guide. Also, there’s a restaurant inside this fort which serves lip smacking Rajasthani Thali. You can’t miss relishing the authentic Rajasthani food on a trip to Jaipur.
3. Hawa Mahal: The literal translation of this is Air Palace and the first guess one can make of this place is that it is a very airy place. After all it has 108 windows in it. But that’s a very absurd and wrong definition of this place. The place has 6 stories and all of those are just basically a wall. No proper structure or base of this long wall and still it has been standing strong since hundreds of years.
4. Albert Hall: I couldn’t visit this place for the timings but I definitely saw it from outside and trust me! You would beg to take a closer look at this beautiful place. Don’t go by the picture. It is way more amazing than how it looks here.
5. City Palace: This place can be the most finest place you can see on your trip to Jaipur. It has a museum – where there are weapons used by kings, clothes worn by kings, jewellery worn by kings and by spending a little more money, you can take a look at the parts where the present day royal family resides. The architecture of this place is really cool.
These are the five places you must see on a trip to Jaipur. If you get out on time, you can see all these places in one single day. Try it. Have you ever visited Jaipur? How was your experience?